How we selected the "Top Shows" in the world: Xpo Press has researched all of the top mineral-centric shows on each continent to determine the shows and showcases that meet our criteria for inclusion on our list of The World's Top Gem Shows. So how do shows make our list?
1. They must have strong rock-mineral-fossil representation, not a jewelry or bead show;
2. They must have 100 vendors or more (slightly fewer will do if a show meets all other criteria, like the West Coast Show in Santa Ana, Calif. which has 80ish);
3. They must host an updated/accurate website;
4. They must have a reliable contact person who is positive and eager to provide information about their show so we can publish it on this website;
5. They must welcome dealers/vendors from all continents to sell at their show (for example, the FIPP Brazil show, though certainly a major world gem show, is not included because non-South American dealers are restricted — and they don't have a website that we can find).